- Applicants will be required to meet all the selection criteria for entry into the PhD program specified by the Pakistani universities as per HEC policies.
- Keeping in view fresh enrollment in to PhD program it is not mandatory proposal may be evaluated PhD supervisory committee. However Application / proposals will be evaluated by the PhD supervisory committee according to their relevance to the goals of the program and their scientific and technical merit.
- There should be at least 3 PhD Faculty members in a department to launch a PhD program.
- The selection for Universities local and abroad whose departments are meeting the HEC Quality Assurance criteria to run PhD program. PhD Programs will be endorsed by PMU/QAD& QAA of HEC.
- The 06 -12-months period of study abroad (preferably in top ranked 500 universities of the World as per QS ranking) is supported by the scholarship can be taken at any stage during PhD study, providing this is justified in study plan. It can be divided into two or more periods with no more than 12 months in the award term.
- The selected Faculty members will be required to have a Foreign Co-Supervisor from well reputed foreign university abroad (preferably in top ranked 500 universities of the World as per QS ranking where they will complete foreign session of the study plan)
National Scholarship Management Committee decision will be final for selection of award. However applications are considered on the following basis.
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the country
- Quality of the Plan of the study
- Higher Education Aptitude Test
- Academic Merit of the Candidate( By Academic Evaluation Formula)
All Discipline will be considered however numbers of scholarship awards will be decided based on need assessment/ requirement and have direct impact on the society.
- All Discipline will be considered however numbers of scholarship awards will be decided based on need assessment/ requirement and have direct impact on the society.