About the workshop
This Strategic HR Management course focuses on looking at HR from a strategic point of view, helping participants to strengthen their strategic HR competencies and to become more effective strategic & business partners with senior management. Attendees will leave with a blueprint of how to maximize their HR impact through involvement in and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Understand importance of strategic HRM
- Roles for HR managers
- Components of HR Planning
- Policies & Procedures that support strategic direction
- Forecast organization’s future needs with regard to new skills and competencies required, turnover rate and training and development.
- Prepare Strategic HR Budget
- Building strong Training & Development System in line
- with organization strategic Direction
- Effective performance management system & Motivation
- Concept of strategic management
- Setting HR strategic and operational goals & objectives
- Conducting HR related internal and external situation analysis;
- Crafting of HR strategies, plans & programs
- How to develop the desired organization culture in line with Strategic Direction of Organization
- How to determine the right organization structure
- How to determine the right number of the personnel required
- Developing fitting HR policies, systems & procedures
- How to develop the required job descriptions, job performance standards and job competency profile
- How to determine the right job grades and salary structures
- Preparation of HR strategic- and annual operational plans & budgets
- Development of HR performance measurement, monitoring & control systems
Basic understanding of Human Resource Management
Who should attend:
This program is good for HR Executives, mid level HR Managers, Business Owners, General Managers and Division/Department Heads.
Mr. Salman Tasneem Ghani has more than 19 years of professional experience with local and multinational organizations. He holds an MBA and MSc. in Business Management from the University of Warwick, UK. His specialties include Human Resource Management/Development, Customer Management, Project Management, Team Motivation, Business Process Management, Quality Management, ISO 9001 Audits & Corporate Trainings.Currently he is working as Director Business & Organizational Development for PMS (Pak Mission Society for Peace). Before this he was heading M&E Specialist for DFID project ILM-2. Previously, worked as Senior Consultant Corporate Trainings MDi Pakistan. Held the position of Project Management/Monitoring & Evaluation Expert for Teletaleem (Pvt) Ltd for their different projects with DFID, SNG and PSDF, PMO Director for Wi-tribe, COO for NETKOM Pakistan, Head of HR/Project Coordination for Burraq Telecom, Quality Assurance Head Comcept (Pvt) Ltd. He has been CEO of start-up business venture called YTS where he trained youth and setup outbound call center. He has extensive management experience working in local manufacturing companies to service companies and has managed cross functional teams.
Core areas of training where has conducted various workshops/trainings include:
- Practical Project Management & MS Project
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Work Professionalism & Communication for Support Staff
- Supervisory & Management Skills
- Career Coaching
He conducted trainings for over 1000 participants. He has also trained employees from lower to top tier organizations including Shifa International, USF (Universal Service Fund), PTCL, Airforce, Z&J Group (Part of Master Group), USAID, Agha Khan Rural Support Fund, Polish Gas, Nestle, Bestway Cement, Sultana Foundation, SNGPL, First Micro Finance Bank and amongst others.
He is part of the visiting faculty at various universities where he teaches under-graduate and post graduates on HR Management, Business Ethics & Entrepreneurship, and Project Management & Strategic Management.