Vacancy Announcement for Development & Projects Assistant at the German Embassy. Apply until September 21, 2020
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Islamabad seeks to recruit a suitably qualified
Development & Projects Assistant (male/female/diverse)
to be employed at the Embassy´s Development Section starting from 1 November 2020.
The job description is as follows:
- Observation of and reporting on political reforms relevant for the development sector, especially in KP and Punjab
- Liaising with government departments and German and Pakistani NGOs and private partners in the development sector
- Public relations and social media work
- Supporting and coordinating bilateral and multilateral donor activities
- Preparation of government talks, facilitating and participating in meetings, visits of delegations and projects
- Evaluating and analyzing reports and media including internet research
- Assist projects and micro-projects in respect of:
- Reviewing project aid applications and development reports
- Monitoring and attending activities
- Attending project visits
- Composing reports about implementation and activities
- Finance control
- Answering emails and other enquiries
The applicants should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of English and Urdu, both verbally and in writing, knowledge of German or Pashto would be an asset (willingness to learn is welcome)
- Advanced university degree in Development Studies, Economics, Public Policy, Law, BA, International Relations or related field
- At least 2 years working experience related to your studies
- Ability to interact with local and foreign colleagues as a team player
- Intercultural flexibility and excellent communication and social skills
- Professional manners, groomed and self-assured appearance
- Honesty, reliability, punctuality, commitment and dedication to the job
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure
Salary is based on the Embassy’s pay scheme.
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany guarantees equal opportunities for women and men and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply for the position.
Within the legal framework applications with severe disabilities will receive preferential treatment if they possess the same professional qualifications as their competitors.
Please submit (applications by email will be entertained):
• Your curriculum vitae
• A motivational statement in form of a signed letter
• Proof of qualification (your degree)
• References of previous employers
until 21 September 2020 to
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
Ramna 5, Diplomatic Enclave
[email protected] with reference Dev-pro
Late applications will not be considered. In case you mail your application please send copies only. Do not send original documents. The Embassy will not confirm the receipt of applications or return original documents or reply to any queries about the state of any application.
Should your application be considered you will be informed before or on 25 September 2020 and be invited to the Embassy for an interview. You will then be required to present original documents.
Should you not be invited for an interview please accept that your application was not successful.