Centre for Professional Development CPD – Air University is organizing Mental Robustness and Stress Management on June 18-19, 2019
About the Workshop:
More and more people are encountering stress, overwork, and the pressure of time constraints in their lives. Some stress is actually good for you because it inspires you to meet life’s challenges. Too much ongoing stress causes an almost continuous activation of your body’s stress-response system. The overexposure to cortisol and other stress hormones can increase your risk of obesity, insomnia, digestive problems, heart disease, depression, memory impairment, and physical illness. It is important to recognize when we are in DISTRESS. This workshop will provide practical tips and techniques to help you achieve better results and health through the effective management of distress.
• Understand the basic principles of stress management
• Recognize your stress triggers and how to manage them
• Develop proactive responses to stressful situations
• Use coping tips for managing stress both on and off the job
• Learn to manage stress through diet, sleep and other lifestyle factors
• Develop a long term action plan to minimize and better manage stress
1. Understanding Stress
a. What are your triggers?
b. Exploring common triggers
2. How Science Defines Stress
3. Our Perceptions and Stress
4. Thought Awareness, Rational and Positive Thinking
5. Happiness Studies, Gratitude and Stress Relief
6. The Cost of Yes and Learning to Say No
7. Increasing Productive Time and Your Long-Term Life Plan
8. Easy Stress Relieving Exercises at Your Desk
9. Considering your Diet
10. Sleep, Exercise and Laughter Cures
11. Optimism and Hope
• A large screen (not necessary if there is a large clean wall surface for projection)
• Participants will work in groups of (Group activity) Each group will need its own , flip chart and flip chart stand and set of markers. This should be full size flip charts with metal stands, not destop flip charts
• For Activity I need Sticky notes and balloons 200+ in numbers
• Comfortable, casual dress is encouraged
Who should attend:
Anyone under pressure who feels the negative impact of stress, and who wants to learn how to handle stress more effectively both in their work environment and personal lives.
Ms. Sidra Akhtar is a Senior Trainer, Psychologists, Public Speaker, Social Worker, Media Figure, Peace Activist, & Lecturer. From an early age she has been intrigued by the human mind and the question how it works? This interest has been enhanced through study of psychology from international Islamic university, where she had done BS (HONS) in psychology. The constant sense of discovery is that she finds most captivating about psychology, looking at an individual’s pretentious behavior in an analytical way that allows her to glance at the world in a new and contemporary angle. She has done M.Phil in clinical psychology and lectureship. She’s a clinical psychologist. Her expertise includes speech and language pathology, specialization in communication disorders and swallowing disorders. She is also a youth figure on electronic media she has done many shows on radio, tv and various documentaries regarding mental health.
Her ambitious nature has taken her to places whilst her cool-mindedness has always backed her in decision making when in rough times. She gets performance results by leveraging on the distinctive capabilities of individuals, pushing them to think big and live a life of their choices. She is the perfect combination of motivation, affection, attraction, destination, determination, mental animation, mediation and self-imagination. She can twist and trick your mind. Her eyes on you means the ball is in her coat because she has the best readiest approach. She will instantly help you solve, stand and sweep the results. A born listener, sidra will give you the comfort and care to oversee your success. Her alternative and creative thinking comes free with her.
Ms. Sidra believes that, the pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong, and she will surely control that pendulum for you.