Scholarship Programme for Citizens of OIC & NAM Member Countries by Azerbaijan International Development Agency. Last date to apply is January 15, 2019
The Educational Grant (hereafter "scholarship") Programmes provide an opportunity for selected candidates on annual basis to study in the leading universities of Azerbaijan at the undergraduate, graduate and Doctoral level. Link of the MOFA, Azerbijan is given below for details please.
The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
- Tuition fee
- International flight
- Monthly stipend for meals, accommodation and utilities costs (800 AZN)
- Medical insurance
- Visa and registration costs
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following basic criteria:
- Age must not be over:
(a) 22 years for Bachelor's candidates
(b) 30 years for Master's and
(c) 35 years for PhD applicants on or before the deadline;
- Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research area.
- Those applying for Undergraduate programme must have passed FA/FSc. exam (12 years education)
- Those applying for Masters programme must have passed 04 year Bachelor Degree (16 years education)
- Those applying for Doctoral programme must be a MS/MPhil degree holder (17-18 years education)
- Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it. Language proficiency certificate must be attached for language proficiency of English.
- Certificates/Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level is mandatory by IBCC.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES:
- List of participating Universities of Azerbaijan is attached Click here:
How to Apply:
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select "Learning Opportunities Abroad" under "Scholarship and Grant" menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy and Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (no other documents to be attached with HEC application form except a deposit slip). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
Download the application form from here: General Appli cation Form.pdf . Fill the same application form and make two sets of printed online application forms in spiral binding (02 sets of application one each in a separate spiral binding). Also attach copy of following documents with each set of application;
- All Educational Documents. (Transcripts & Degrees)
- Copy of Passport.
- Medical Certificate
- CV/Resume (one page)
- Motivation Letter
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO ANY PROGRAM:
- HEC endorses equal opportunity, however, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria, highest academic merit, and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in the nomination process, a final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC will reserve all rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
Please Send HEC online application form (one set) along with deposit slip and AIDA application form (two sets) along with all educational documents on or before 15th January 2019 on the address given below;
Assistant Director (HRD),
Learning Opportunities Abroad,
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad.
E-mail: [email protected];