ASCE – NUST Chapter is organizing a competition Three Minute Thesis on December 14, 2018
Do you have the skills, to sum up a complex idea into a 3-minute simple lecture? Do you have an Idea that you want to share with the world? Then we, for the first time in Pakistan and under the title of American Society of Civil Engineers – NUST Chapter, are introducing the "3 Minute Thesis" competition.
This event is held worldwide and is a platform for students to get to polish their public speaking skills and also to get recognition and motivation for their ideas.
The rules are simple:
1. Present an idea (may or may not relate to STEM fields).
2. A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or 'movement' of any sort are allowed.
3. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
4. No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
5. No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
6. Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
7. Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
8. Presentations are to commence from the stage.
9. Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
10. The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
The winner will get a cash price of PKR 5000 and the runner-up will receive PKR 3000. All the event participants will get their official certificates of participation from ASCE as well as refreshments.
Event Date: 14th December 2018.
Time: 2 pm to 5 pm
Participation Fee: PKR 300/-
To Register: https://goo.gl/forms/VfHJjEqksaZvlwlp1
Follow our facebook page for more information!