Higher Education Commission, Islamabad is trying its best to facilitate the Pakistani students to compete for world's top merit. Through this Scheme, HEC is giving an opportunity to our students to apply and win the world's most prestigious scholarship awards and later contribute to Pakistan's socio-economic development.
Last eight years statistics are showing that Pakistani students have competed and won many prestigious scholarship awards of the worlds. Pakistan is amongst the top ten countries, which have secured the maximum number of merit scholarships through the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program.
COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DOCTORAL STUDIES
HEC invites application from Pakistan / AJ&K teaching faculty working on full-time university teaching posts possessing postgraduate qualification (18 years Master degree with no 3rd Division) for Ph.D. scholarship programme offered by the Commonwealth Commission United Kingdom. The scholarships will be offered for doctoral studies (Ph.D.) in UK institutions for all disciplines preferably Education, Health, Economic Growth & the Private Sector, Climate & Environment, Water & Sanitation, Food & Nutrition, and Humanitarian Disasters & Emergencies, commencing from October 2017. All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, quality of the study plan, potential impact of the work on the development of Pakistan and the Federal Government Quota Policy. In addition to above, the scholarships are also available for Medical Fellowships for medical graduates qualified as Doctor between 1 October 2007 and 30 September 2010 or before 1 October 2002.
The candidates applying for Split Ph.D. may apply online directly to the Commonwealth at http://bit.ly/cscuk-split-site-scholarships without sending the application to HEC Please visit the following webpage for more information about the programs offered and supported fields of study:
CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MASTER’S PROGRAM
Applications for 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships are Closed.
The scholarship offers full financial support to study for a Master's degree at any UK university and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 46,000 alumni.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year masters at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
MEXICAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master's degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program, to participate in the http://www.opportunitiesforafricans.com/mexican-government-scholarship-program-2017-for-international-students-fully-funded-study-in-mexico/ The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs, and special agreements. More than 70 Mexican institutions participate and all offer academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs. These programs demonstrate the progress made by Mexico in the sciences and humanities.
CHULABHORN GRADUATE INSTITUTE POST-GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Deadline to apply has expired.
HEC invites applications from Pakistani/AJK for Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Post-graduate Scholarship Program (Academic Year 2017). The scholarships are offered for Master's Degree (18 years education) in the following fields of study:
Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, and Chemical Biology
All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, potential of the candidate, Provincial Quota and the likely impact of the work on the development of Pakistan.
- Scholarships are open to the eligible applicants who are under 30 years of age and hold a Bachelor Degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 in one of the following fields:
- Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences.
- Medical Sciences: Medicine, Medical Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Applicants from other related fields may apply, preference will be given to the above fields.
- Have at least 1 year of scientific laboratory research experiences
- Applicants must have demonstrated English proficiency, preferably on one of two recognized test of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Applicants must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
Field of Study:
- Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health
- Environmental Toxicology
- Chemical Biology
The scholarship will cover tuition and other academic fees, round-trip airfare, accommodation, monthly stipend, book allowance, health insurance and others.
The award is tenable for a period of 2 years, subject to an annual review of the scholar's satisfactory progress
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS UNDER GOVERNMENT OF SRI LANKA PRESIDENTIAL PROGRAM
Applications are invited from eligible Pakistani students for the award of undergraduate scholarships offered by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways, Sri Lanka for the academic year 2015/16 and the courses are to commence in November 2016. Since this is a government to government scholarship program, candidates shall apply for this scholarship with the recommendation of the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- Scholarships are open for courses of studies other than Medical, Dental Sciences & Engineering.
- The medium of instruction is English.
- Candidates can request for more than one course for securing chances to win a scholarship, identifying their preferences as places are limited in some fields.
- There may be instances where requested courses are not possible to offer due to unforeseen circumstances or limited places available in the particular field.
- If the given qualifications by the applicant are not compatible with the entry requirements of the university, those applications may not be successful.
Note. Application form can be downloaded from the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways, website: www.mohe.gov.lk;